Friday 27 December 2013

Tractors away!

The year couldn't end without a meeting to hand over some quilts in a windy car park!  Rosemary who works for the Diana Service for Children with Life-limiting Conditions had asked whether there was any chance of three specific requests for some children who were going through a particularly tough time.  They were 'butterflies' (easy), 'tractors' (fairly easy') and 'Peppa Pig' (tricky, as copyrighted fabric is hard to find and expensive).  I said I'd do what I could and here I was with a gorgeous tractor quilt made by Paula with blocks donated by Debbie and backing fabric by Jenny. 
 
 
Here is the butterfly quilt which I made from a Fons and Porter pattern,
 
 
and the Peppa Pig quilt using some squares I bought off ebay for an extortionate price (well, £ 7.50 for 16 six inch squares, which considering they are poly, I consider extortionate!) 

 
Still, I'm sure the recipient will be delighted.  I also took another 12 beautiful quilts for Rosemary, which had all been donated by 'Quilting Together' in Shepshed.  I think some children are going to have a great Christmas! 
 


1 comment:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

What wonderful quilts! They will surely be a delight to the recipients!