Tuesday 10 April 2018

It's a dog's life in Barwell!

Paula and I were delighted to be invited to the U3A Craft Group in Barwell again, to do some sewing with these lovely ladies.  The projects have to be hand sewing, as the centre where they meet insists that all electrical equipment used has a current PAT test certificate.  That's no problem for me, as all my Linus equipment and my own sewing machine have valid stickers, but I can understand that people who only use their machines infrequently outside the house wouldn't think it was worth the cost.  No problems as I can always come up with a hand sewn project. 


This time it was dogs! I had cut out some dogs using the Accuquilt cutter, and provided each person with a dog, an ear, a piece of white fabric and a choice of thread to blanket stitch the bonded dog onto the fabric!  The nine patches had been made at a Knit and Stitch session, and add a bit of interest, as well as using up some of the donated scraps!  


Here everyone is hard at work.  


And here are the blocks which were completed on the day and sewn together in strips by Paula.  I aimed to make the quilt 7 X 7 blocks, and have a few more completed and nearly completed blocks to add.  It's amazing that although the dogs are all from an identical template, their positions and ear placements seem to give them their own personalities!  I'll post more pictures of this quilt once it's completed. Thank you very much ladies for your welcome, your hard work and the kind donation to funds which you gave me.  See you in 2019!




No comments: