Sunday 15 April 2018

Shepshed Superstars!

I'm always excited when I'm invited over to 'Quilting Together' in Shepshed, as I know I'll bring away lots of lovely quilts and some fun memories.  They are a lovely group and very dedicated to Project Linus.  Last year, there were 99 quilts given to me, and I knew they were keen to replicate or even surpass this number this year. 


Here are the quilts waiting for me.  Nobody knew how many there were, but here was talk of at least 60 or 80 being there.  First there was the important business of looking through some of the donated fabric I'd brought. 


Other people's fabric choices are always more interesting than what's in your stash!  I brought three boxes of fabric and took just the one home.  Result!  
Then there was the equally important business of tea and cake.  I must say, Mr Aldi bakes exceedingly good scones - especially when they are spread with jam and clotted cream!  Yum! 
Then the quilts. The tally mounted as they were held up, admired, photographed and put into piles of ten.  Eighty, ninety, a hundred, a hundred and ten, a hundred and twenty - a hundred and twenty one!  Amazing!  Although I took photos of all of them, I'm only going to put some on the blog, or I'll run out of space! 


An alphabet panel cleverly bigged up to a good size. 


Squares on point, arranged in a cross design. 


A selection of HSTs arranged in windmills. 


A medallion made from a central block and lots of small orphans. 


Another medallion with bordered little animal blocks as a centre. 



Is this Chinese coins or a jelly roll race?  Either way, it's fun. 


Good use of blocks and 2.5" squares. M


This is a blast from the past - a Rocheberie Mystery quilt from way back when!  


You can't beat rail fence, and this sashed version looks great. 


Lots of small blocks in toning colours - looks almost like Tula Pink blocks! 


Rainbow Mile A Minute, arranged in stars!  The quilting on this one is lovely too! 


Robot fabric bigged up by a striped insert.  Perfect! 


Strips and squares in a very satisfactory arrangement. 


Another old friend - Bonnie Hunter's 'Allietare!'.  Such a great design. 


And Bonnie's Scrappy Bargello, another favourite scrap buster. 


And finally, a great way to use hexagons.  They are always tricky to know how to make up, and this is a good idea. 
So, 121 quilts.  Thanks particularly to Eileen for packing lots of quilts carefully in my boot, so I was able to see out of the back window over the beautiful piles of quilts on the back seat!  Happy quilting ladies, and see you next year, if not before! 

























No comments: